Chalupa - A new family favorite!
If you like to throw food in a pot and hours later come home to a tasty dinner, this recipe is for you!
Chalupa
Ingredients:
Beef roast - I use any that's on sale. Any size will do.
1 lb. pinto beans (soaked overnight and rinsed next day)
2 small cans green chilies
1 onion, chopped
8 cloves garlic, halved
1 Tbl salt + to taste
2 Tbl chili powder
1 Tbl cumin
1 tsp oregano
5 cups water
Directions:
Directions:
I like to first cut my roast into smaller pieces, say 4 of them, and then brown all sides in some oil on the stove.
This adds to the flavor and the smaller pieces will cook a bit faster and be so tender!
I also season my meat a bit with salt and garlic powder.
This time around I added a bit more of each spice to the pot - didn't want to risk it being bland.
Put it all in your crock-pot and let it cook all day!
I start with it on high for 2-3 hours and then move to low for the rest of the time...
I think mine stayed in the pot for 9 hours this last time.
***
I start with it on high for 2-3 hours and then move to low for the rest of the time...
I think mine stayed in the pot for 9 hours this last time.
***
If you choose to just cook the roast, without the beans, then check out my favorite Pinto Beans Recipe that will go nicely with this roast. And don't forget the Homemade Salsa!
Chalupa tastes great served with tortillas, chips, salsa, olives, sour cream and cheese!
Enjoy and blessings,

I'm linked up with three WONDERFUL women's blogs!
Find more great food for your body and soul here:
Find more great food for your body and soul here:



0 comments:
Post a Comment