Thoughtful Momma Monday
Birthdays are an opportunity to celebrate your children! Whether a picnic at a park, a swimming party at the local pool, or a simple cake at home, making your child's birthday an event is important.
I have many fond memories of my childhood birthday parties. Each one was special and unique - my mom thoughtfully planned and prepared for each one. Now it's my turn, as a mother, to bless my children and celebrate their lives!
My baby boy just turned one and we waited to celebrate when Grammy and Grandpa could join us from Oregon.
Our house turned into a noisy barnyard. Twenty-five people piled into our little home and we partied!!!!
Here are a few highlights from the event!
The birthday boy - ready to ride!
Waiting for guests to arrive.
The family enjoying mild temperatures in November - thus the bare feet.
(crazy Texas weather)
Found this decoration idea on Pinterest and now I can use it to decorate in his room!
Tasty sides to go with grilled burgers and hot dogs... mmmm...
A stampede of banana sour cream cupcakes :o)
He blew out the candle on his own!
And ate his cupcake all by himself too!
Where's the big boy?
There he is!
Our friends brought thoughtful gifts... here's his first farm set!
I love making sweet memories with my children. I know my son won't remember this party but pictures will remind him that he is loved and important. We are thankful for his life - his tender heart and affectionate ways. He is our cuddle bear through and through and is learning quickly to obey and please Mommy and Daddy. I look forward to watching my son grow into a young man!
Have a blessed week,
0 comments:
Post a Comment